Statutory Protected Sites
Statutory protected sites include the following:
- Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI)
- Local Nature Reserves (LNR)
- National Nature Reserves (NNR)
- Special Areas of Conservation (SAC)
- Special Protection Areas (SPA)
- Ramsar sites
- Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB)
SAC, SPA and Ramar sites are also included within the collective term ‘Natura 2000’ sites, which is the name of the European Union-wide network of nature conservation sites established under the EC Habitats and Birds Directives. This affords these sites higher degrees of importance and protection.
Non-statutory Protected Sites
Non-statutory protected sites include the following:
- Local Wildlife Sites (LWS)
- County Wildlife Sites (CWS)
- Sites of Nature Conservation Interest (SNCI)
- Country parks
The presence and location of these sites is usually obtained from local records centres, which are found distributed across the country.
Impacts to protected sites are established during an ecological assessment, with an adverse impacts addressed through avoidance, mitigation and compensation where possible.
Request your quote today!
Our prices are key to receiving the best services available to meet your needs.
Next Day Reports
If you need your report the next day, we offer a special paid service. Just ask to upgrade.
Clients trust us time and time again with our attention to detail, expert knowledge and reliable services.